Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Apr-03-07 4:29PM

Ernie
Administrator

4-3-07 Cedar Lake report

It's April and the crappie bite was on!

We had a spectacular day today, 80 degrees! After a nice bike ride and workout, I had 30 minutes before hockey practice so I took the 4 wt out and threw a green glitter estaz bead head and proceeded to catch 8 nice crappie with the biggest going just over 10 inches. The bite was subtle and you really had to pay attention or off the hook they went (happened 4-5 times).

Nice to see that action and it should be like that for most of the month!

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Apr-04-07 6:23AM

jumping jasper
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: 4-3-07 Cedar Lake report

I fished beech for about 45 min. Caught six small ones wiyh purple plastic worm fished real slow.
Met a guy who caught a 5lb bass on a live sunfish. Didn't catch his name but said he caught several large catfish the same way on monday.

smile

#3 May-21-08 9:33AM

Bass Hunter
Northern Snakehead

jumping jasper wrote:

I fished beech for about 45 min. Caught six small ones wiyh purple plastic worm fished real slow.
Met a guy who caught a 5lb bass on a live sunfish. Didn't catch his name but said he caught several large catfish the same way on monday.

JJ,

Was this guy catching these large catfish in Cedar and was he bottom fishing? Tried some catfishing last weekend but no luck..

#4 May-21-08 10:43AM

jumping jasper
Patagonian Toothfish

Use a Three way swivel with the sinker on the bottom and the bait off the bottom

smile

Board footer