Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Sep-13-09 10:12AM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

Gaston

So I became very lucky and got an email today and I get to fish the College FLW Gaston Tournament.  Freshmen do not usually get to fish the tournaments because only 2 teams from our school are allowed to fish, but there was an opening and I was chosen over 25 other guys, so I have to make a good impression.  Its on the 26th and I have never fished Gaston.  Do you have any advice of what patterns usually work and what will work given the present conditions.  If not, do you know anyone who would?

Thanks so much!

#2 Sep-13-09 10:33AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Gaston

Congratulations!

Call Charlie Taylor.....he is fishing a tourney today but should be home tonight.

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Sep-13-09 4:41PM

Ernie
Administrator

And don't forget Charlie's Fishing Reports!

LAKE GASTON - Crappie are holding in 12-15 feet of water, hitting live minnows and tiny jigs. Largemouth bass are holding on main lake points and boat docks, adjacent to creek channels. Uplake, the fish are generally in 6-10 feet of water, while they are a little deeper downlake. Crankbaits, plastic worms and jig 'n pig baits are the choice, although topwaters, fished early and late in the day, are accounting for their share of fish. Stripers are suckers for trolled baits and the one ounce Cordell Hot Spot, near the dam. White perch are taking jigged Hopkins spoons at creek mouths.

Time to go fishin' again!

#4 Sep-20-09 5:04PM

Bob B
Northern Snakehead

Congrats! Hope you do well.

Go Fish!

Board footer