Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Aug-17-09 12:17AM

Carl
Northern Snakehead

8-16-09 Wicomico River (St. Mary's County)

Mo, Luan and I launched yesterday at Chaptico at 5:30 am to search for white perch and rockfish. It is not difficult to find the perch but finding large ones is another challenge. The truth is this, the way they fight, even small ones will elicit a cry of "he must be huge!." There is not another fish, that I know, that strikes as hard, fights so well and tastes so good as white perch. When you combine these qualities with the fact that they are so prolific, you have a winning combo! Because the temperature was approaching triple digits, we came off the water at 10:30 with a final count of one hundred-two fish. I believe Mo has now strayed from Solomons Island to Chaptico!

#2 Aug-17-09 6:36PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: 8-16-09 Wicomico River (St. Mary's County)

So....where did those rockfish go?

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Aug-18-09 5:53AM

jumping jasper
Patagonian Toothfish

Pacemaker wrote:

So....where did those rockfish go?

I was thinking the same thing.

smile

#4 Aug-18-09 11:22PM

bassman jr.

im not sure about the taste but i know Potomia small mouth hit and fight like crazy, but since i've never caught a WP i can't really compare the two.

#5 Aug-19-09 5:00AM

AndrewDo124
Patagonian Toothfish

I've only foul hooked a white perch so can't say much about the fight but yellow perch put up a real good fight!

#6 Aug-19-09 10:44AM

Ernie
Administrator

Of course, we use UL tackle which makes the fight even better. A similar size smallie on the same tackle would be a better fight due to their jumping abilities....from an eating perspective, the WP wins hands down. It has been over 20 years since I ate a smallie and it was not so good.

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer