Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Aug-16-09 11:39AM

bassman
Northern Snakehead

8/15/09 Shenandoah River Report

My 14-year-old daughter Kara and I did a 3 mile float down the Shenandoah River yesterday (Kero Landing to Front Royal Canoe Company) . . . what started out as a beautiful morning turned out to be a scorcher with temps in the 90s.  Even on a river that's a bit hot.  This was Kara's first canoe fishing experience, and she did very well.  As usual, she outfished me - - here is a picture of her first smallmouth bass. 

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/Kara.jpg

We found the watermelon green dead ringers floated w/out weight did best, but did get a few on 1/8 jigs w/ green grubs.

She also hooked into what would easily have been the largest bass of the season for us, but just as she was getting it near the canoe it broke the line.  Was she mad?  Throw a tantrum?  No, like an experienced angler, she calmly told me to quickly tie on another hook / lure, and row back to the spot so that she could give it another go.   All in all, I think she's hooked on the experience of catching the more lively smallmouth bass.

Now, the next step is getting her to take off her own fish . . .

#2 Aug-16-09 1:14PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: 8/15/09 Shenandoah River Report

Now we have to convince her to join the newly formed Briar Woods HS Fishing Club so she can compete against her brother!

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer