Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Aug-10-09 11:57PM

Charlie NHBA
Northern Snakehead
Website

Sunday on the tidal Potomac River

A friend of some 30+ years and I headed out of Leesylvania State Park on Sunday morning to renew our friendship and catch some fish. We started in the thick grass mats around Marsh Island in Mattawoman Creek. The first fish went about 2.5# and hit a Zoom Horny Toad on top. The second was a solid 4+# scrappy largemouth that totally swallowed a Strike King Rage Toad. Wonderful fight!  Then things hit a snag. No more hits. Finally decided to move to the back of the creek where we broke out the plastic baits and caught fish everywhere we went. The fish were absolutely inhaling just about any soft plastic you threw in their direction.  Surprisingly, Senkos were not getting bit, while plastic worms and crayfish were taking fish about as fast as we could cast them. Both natural crayfish and blue fleck worms were the top baits, although a 1/4 oz. white spinnerbait took it's share, including a nice 1+ pound yellow perch.

Excellent day!  Caught about 30 keeper bass to just over four pounds, with the average being about 1.5 pounds.

Even though the temperature was in the 95 degree range, there was just enough breeze to keep us cool......until we came upon a pleasure boat anchored in a cove. Alighting from the boat was a good looking female who was topless and wearing a thong!!!!  We just continued on our merry way and found another spot.  Can't take that kind of heat while fishing.

Charlie..........

Charlie NHBA.........

#2 Aug-11-09 3:58AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Sunday on the tidal Potomac River

cool

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Aug-11-09 4:20AM

bigjeffie
Patagonian Toothfish

what's that old saying....

"some guys have all the luck"

that kind of a trophy rates a photograph

#4 Aug-11-09 8:09PM

Charlie NHBA
Northern Snakehead
Website

Have not yet figured out how to post photos on this board.   Ernie sent me instructions, but I am technologically challenged and haven't taken the 5-6 hours necessary to work it out. In the meantime, photos may be viewed at: http://www.webhosting-123.com/nhbaphoto … ips\moose\

Charlie NHBA.........

#5 Aug-12-09 7:14AM

Ernie
Administrator

I need one of the young guys to help you post the pictures! I know how to do them from Photobucket. This should be easy since the pictures are already hosted.

Time to go fishin' again!

#6 Aug-12-09 8:12AM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

Code:

Just type in [img]copy_and_paste_url_of_picture_here[/img]

#7 Aug-12-09 8:20AM

Ernie
Administrator

See? Dan just graduated from JMU!!