Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jul-29-09 1:44AM

Carl
Northern Snakehead

7-29-09 Solomons Island

My former VP from work came into town yesterday for a day of fishing and it was up to me to make it happen. When someone goes to that much effort and scheduling, I really feel the pressure to show them a good time. Recently, the only sure thing seems to be Solomons Island. We launched at 5:00 am on a smooth river. The tide was due to be full crest at 7:30 so we would be fishing the incoming for about two and a half hours and three hours of outgoing. I knew that by ten or eleven it would probably be too hot to stay out on the water. My guest began by hooking a ray which we followed until we could make a possitive identification. Damn---it is hard to break braided line when you need to! We then began catching some quality white perch. Kevin had never caught a croaker so it was good to see him catch a nice eleven incher. Before the sun came over the horizon he caught a beautiful twenty one inch striper. There were the usual number of hand-sized bluefish which seem to delight in collecting or destroying our grubs. At 10:00 am we came off the river with twenty-four white perch, one croaker and one rockfish.

#2 Jul-29-09 4:14AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: 7-29-09 Solomons Island

Very nice.....where did you catch the striper/ Over by the Navy Rec Center?

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Jul-29-09 6:16AM

Carl
Northern Snakehead

Mo's Cove right at daybreak.

#4 Jul-29-09 12:13PM

doberdog1

of course, where else would you catch it!
Mo

#5 Jul-29-09 12:23PM

Ernie
Administrator

doberdog1 wrote:

of course, where else would you catch it!

There are a few places that you don't know about....I will give you a hint for the next time you go there. When you launch, go straight accross and find the shallow bar/ ledge and fish it! Make sure the bridge is over top of you.

Time to go fishin' again!

#6 Jul-30-09 2:58AM

Carl
Northern Snakehead

Ernie, thanks for giving Mo a little direction about this river! He has ruled out fishing anywhere except Mo's Cove. The river is 115 miles long but Mo thinks all of the fish reside in the 40 yard long Mo's Cove!

#7 Jul-30-09 6:23AM

doberdog1

I think ernie needs to joi us next time we go, I have not gone with ernie to heaven yet.

I love solomons!
Mo

Board footer