Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jul-26-09 7:08AM

purpleworm
Northern Snakehead

Potomac 7/25

We decided to try something different today and put out at Hope Springs in Aquia Creek. The idea was to fish the way back of some feeder creeks and hopefully find some willing residential bass that hadn't made their way to the main-creek grassbeds. Started off by running down to Potomac Creek and all the way to the back of Accokeek. Beautiful little creek lined with lily-pads and little boat traffic, but not too hot fishing-wise. Spent most of the morning fishing our way out and only managed one decent keeper. Ran back into Aquia and caught a couple good ones on stickworms underneath some docks on the main creek arm. The water here was shallow and super-clear compared to the stuff in the back. Docks that were frequently used produced the best. They seemed to have deepest holes underneath them, and the props from the boats cut nice little alleys in the grass from the main channel. After that the tide started going out, so we headed to the back into the no-wake area. Found a productive little stretch of lily-pads near one of the bends and got into em pretty good. Caught 3-4 more good keepers each on t-rigged worms and craws before we called it a day. Overall not a bad day on the water. If we got a do-over we probably would have spent the morning chopping grass. The back of the creek deal works on an outgoing tide, but I'm convinced that the majority of the quality fish are in those big grassbeds, especially during high tide. Punching mats and cleaning hydrilla off the prop under the hot sun is tedious work, but I guess thats just what you gotta do to catch the big girls this time of year. Left my camera on the boat, pics to come soon.

Last edited by purpleworm (Jul-26-09 7:15AM)

#2 Jul-26-09 8:24AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Potomac 7/25

Very nice...I have never fished that stretch. Glad you got some especially with little to no baot traffic...that makes it nice.

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer