#1 Jul-18-09 1:13PM

Ernie
Administrator

7-18-09, Cedar, mid PM

I went out around 2PM with 3 rods.

One was set up with a Carolina rig w/ a Zoom lizard at the end

One was set up w/ my typical wacky rig

One was set up with a fat tube

Nothing at all on the Carolina rid....as a matter of fact, nothing at all on any of them. But I was watching Patrick across the way and he was catching a few. He was schooling me!

So...I went in and got the 4wt fly rod as I had seen quite a few blue gill roaming the shallows. That was the ticket! I caught 3-4 nice, feisty blue gill and 3 bass. The biggest was about 12" and the smallest was about 4". Now I had my confidence back!

I then threw the tube way into the deep water which is something I rarely do. Immediately I hooked up with one punk and caught another one a few minutes later. It was neat because I was not picking up any grass until I was 12-15 feet from shore. of course, you guys already know that.

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Jul-18-09 1:32PM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Re: 7-18-09, Cedar, mid PM

Good to see you out there Ernie, albeit from afar. I fished primarily from two spots and I ended up with 12 bass with the biggest going 1lb 4oz. I caught the first 8 on a drop shot. I also donated a few drop shot rigs to the Cedar black hole of rocks!

I caught the last 4 on a new beetlespin that I picked up from Dick's. I fished from about 1230 to 230 and I retied about 8 times.

Tight lines!

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

Board footer