Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jun-05-09 6:23PM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Cedar Report - 060509

There will be no pics because the big one got away...my own fault, I set the hook like a wuss.

I fished around Cedar today with a pop-r, jig, and frog. I caught fish on all three. It is days like today that make you feel immortal! While nothing was bigger than 1.5lbs, there were a few keepers mixed in with some, let me see here, uh, punks, yea, that's the term everybody is using these days!

Good times and tight lines.

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

#2 Jun-06-09 1:20AM

bigjeffie
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Cedar Report - 060509

you say you missed a good one coz ???

did you get a look at it?

#3 Jun-07-09 7:56AM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

I did...

I had mostly been getting smaller fish to suck down the frog. I was working it over some algae/grass and it got pulled down. I was watching my line move and then did a half strength hook set that didn't break through the mouth. The fish came up, rolled over, and all I saw was a big green broad side view of this fish. It was pretty big, though I actually tend to underestimate fish I see, and so it may have been a good 4 or 5lber...oh well.

It would have been pretty cool to join the June 5th 5lber club! haha

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

#4 Jun-07-09 8:58AM

bigjeffie
Patagonian Toothfish

those big one's can take a topwater w/o too much drama

#5 Jun-07-09 10:06AM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

I lost a good 4-5lber today on a jig... it took the jig and started swimming sideways and took out all my slack before I could reel down and cross his eyes so I didn't have a good enough hook set. He was on for about a second and then the jig came flying back at me. Sad thing is the only other bite I got was a dink and I crossed his eyes. I wish I could have traded that hook set for the set on the bigger fish.

Board footer