Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 May-14-09 5:02AM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

Bass Boat Crash

I recommend watching this, although you can skip over the first minute and a half.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UEETjztLqI

Lesson Learned....always wear your life vest and kill switch!!!!!

#2 May-14-09 5:47AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Bass Boat Crash

Don't get me started on this.....that was totally avoidable. This had nothing to do with a life vest. It had to do with reckless driving. As much as I love fishing, I detest the way most bass boat drivers handle their vessels. And this is not limited to just bass boats

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 May-14-09 12:35PM

Paul Naj
Northern Snakehead

Pacemaker wrote:

that was totally avoidable

Agreed. There's a whole lot wrong in that incident. The driving aside, the motor does not appear to be trimmed very well. It could be angle or height but he loses the bow pretty easily on that first wake. He then doesn't recover very well going into the 2nd wake and it amplifies the problem. I drove around in my brother's 21 ft Triton bass boat a lot and we would never cut a wake that close or at that angle. When I did hit a wake I was back on track very quickly. That's a combination of a well trimmed boat and good driving.

The other thing that caught my eye is that someone is filming it in the 1st boat but he was in the water for 10 minutes? Something weird there.

I've logged a lot of hours on lakes, bays and the ocean. I've seen all sorts of crazy things and it's made me very cautious. I always felt there should be mandatory courses to operate a boat and they should show people videos like that.

#4 May-14-09 12:42PM

Ernie
Administrator

Paul Naj wrote:

I always felt there should be mandatory courses to operate a boat and they should show people videos like that.

I have taken such a course and it is invaluable. DC law requires that you take the course to operate a boat in DC waters.

Time to go fishin' again!

#5 May-14-09 1:14PM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

I took a course too.  They are starting to make it mandatory starting some year in the future.

Board footer