Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Apr-20-09 2:01PM

skvan

Cedar 4/20

Fishing in the rain.. I have never caught a fish while its raining and never caught at fish in Cedar. Today it changed ! Went there until I got too wet and cold to carry on and caught 3 bass, none of them anything to write home about but at least Ive broken my duck for things.

Is there a knack to fishing in the rain or do bass just generally not bite on anything when its raining ?

Skvan

#2 Apr-20-09 2:35PM

L1Ranger
Northern Snakehead

Re: Cedar 4/20

rain don't bother the fish none

right now the problem is the cold and spring weather changes from hot to cold to hot, IMO

now it's yesterday! roll
Ernie

#3 Apr-20-09 7:36PM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

I prefer to fish when it is overcast or rainy unless it is also cold. I believe that rain has the same effect as clouds and wind that break up the surface of the water and make fish more comfortable feeding in the shallows.

#4 Apr-21-09 4:09AM

Ernie
Administrator

skvan wrote:

Today it changed ! Went there until I got too wet and cold to carry on and caught 3 bass, none of them anything to write home about but at least Ive broken my duck for things.

Nice....were the bass tinted blue?

Time to go fishin' again!

#5 Apr-21-09 5:26AM

skvan

If they were tinted blue I did not notice through my rain soaked glasses. Nope pretty sure no blue tint on them.

Is blue tint significant for any reason ?

Skvan

#6 Apr-21-09 6:37AM

Ernie
Administrator

Curly got approval last year to experiment on Cedar. He "tints" the lake with a blue dye (he needs to tell us what happened the other day....he turned into a smurf man). This dye inhibits the amount of sunlight that the water gets which in turn inhibits the algae growth. Cedar has been really bad the last few years. As well, he also introduces a bacteria into the lake that eats the algae.

It seems to be helping.....but we will really find out this weekend when the temps get to 80!

#7 Apr-21-09 7:39AM

Osprey
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

I used to watch Smurfs when the kids were kids. Is there a grown up version coming staring Curly Smurf?

20' Key West..16' C-Hawk...Hobie Pro Angler...Hobie Outback

#8 Apr-21-09 7:40AM

Ernie
Administrator

I wish we had a picture...I hear his face and hands were totally blue when the bag exploded as he threw it.....

#9 Apr-21-09 9:43AM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

skvan wrote:

Is there a knack to fishing in the rain or do bass just generally not bite on anything when its raining ?

Bass don't mind the rain. It actually can stir up the ecosystem by getting the smaller organisms going, followed by the small fish, followed by bass. In the summertime, a great time to throw a topwater bait is during a downpour. At least when you are wet, you are not cold!

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

Board footer