Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Mar-18-09 7:29PM

AndrewDo124
Patagonian Toothfish

3/18 Riverside Park

Fished Riverside Park today with Jeremy (my buddy with the brown Hobie) and Mudkart. Thought it'd be a great day to fish with the weather but man... didn't turn out the way we wanted.  Winds were crazy!! White caps on the water. We fished the outlet under the bridge of the GW parkway. I threw a rat'l trap, spinnerbait, and a chartreuse fat ika but didn't have any luck. This was my first time there and I was really just exploring. My friend Jeremy got skunked but Mudkart was able to hook up with a keeper size LMB. We had some company with about 6 other people fishing there with us.  We saw them catching perch, but nothing really looked of size. Sorry no pics =/ Hope everyone else got to do some fishing today.

Andrew

#2 Mar-19-09 4:54AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: 3/18 Riverside Park

I had meetings all day!! mad Glad you got out. Not sure I know where Riverside Park is??

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Mar-19-09 5:39AM

AndrewDo124
Patagonian Toothfish

It's down the GW parkway past Fort Hunt Park? There's a marina there and we saw a few bass boats coming out of there. Mike (Mudkart ) said they were mostly catchin crappie. It was an interesting change in scenary.

#4 Mar-19-09 7:06AM

jumping jasper
Patagonian Toothfish

Must be Bellehaven marina. Is it below the bridge?

smile

#5 Mar-19-09 7:25AM

AndrewDo124
Patagonian Toothfish

jumping jasper wrote:

I think that's exactly it!

#6 Mar-19-09 8:17AM

mudkart
Northern Snakehead

AndrewDo124 wrote:

jumping jasper wrote:

I think that's exactly it!

Isn't Belle Haven in Alexandria?  We were just East of Mt. Vernon, at the entrance of Little Hunting Creek into the Potomac, w/ the G.W. Parkway (400) literally right above our heads. I don't think there is any major marina: lots of private boat docks on Little Hunting Creek, though. 53 F surface temp and choppy as Andrew said, w/ a fairly strong outgoing current. I tried a white Beetlespin, Heddon Sonar, and a Zoom baby brush hog on a 1/4 oz jighead. Caught the LMB on the brush hog, camera and scale were back in the van (doh!); I didn't feel like lugging everything as I was new to the place as well and didn't know if I would find any reasonable spots to cast.  I talked to two guys in a 'glass bass boat as they came out from under the bridge: they had caught only 1 LMB and some crappie, so, the bite was tough for them too.  We tried L. Mercer for about an hour, nothing, so we called it a day.

Last edited by mudkart (Mar-19-09 8:22AM)

#7 Mar-19-09 11:15AM

HungUpPaul

Next time you guys go out give me a couple days notice!

Board footer