Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Feb-17-24 5:50AM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

2-16 LKA Stripers

Got out with my buddy Garnie early Friday, each in our own boats.  Still having to go at least 6-7 miles down lake to find decent clarity sad .  Using 2 boats to find fish is so much easier!  After an hour of looking I find a bunch of scattered fish and call Garnie over.  We wack on them for a while jigging with a mix of big perch and keeper stripers.  After 30 minutes or so they disappear.  Then it is the dead sea for the next couple of hours.  Decide to troll back towards the house to see if I can get #4.  Get #4 in the boat after 30 minutes or so.
https://i.imgur.com/36pOBBn.jpg
Start heading back to the house and find a huge school in the muddy water.  Didn't even try because visibility was maybe 10".  Very windy the next 2 days, so maybe get out again Monday?

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#2 Feb-17-24 7:18AM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: 2-16 LKA Stripers

Good job and nice looking stripers!

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#3 Feb-20-24 5:43AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

Very cool curly!  You have it down when it comes to fishing lake anna!  I'm giving my buddy my fishing kayak in a week or so....he lives on the south side not too far from El Gran Patron and Dike 3 (where I used to live on the warm side).  Any pointers you can share would be awesome.  He is not too experienced at fishing, but enjoys it a lot (especially crappie fishing near the docks)!

#4 Feb-20-24 6:09AM

Ernie
Administrator

The tag team approach is awesome. It's amazing how one minute you are in fish and then...poof! They are gone.

Those look like some fatties.

And great job with Benjamin on Monday!

Time to go fishin' again!

#5 Feb-21-24 2:10PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Didn't have time to post on Monday or Tuesday.  Will tag on here.  Took Benjamin Monday morning for stripers.  Very cold start, but warmed up by 11 am.  He caught 2 and lost 1.  He was happy!
https://i.imgur.com/77ZeQh5.jpg
Really nice piggies! big_smile

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#6 Feb-21-24 5:19PM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

He is turning into a fisher-MAN!

Always wishin' I was fishin'

Board footer