Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Sep-17-23 12:25PM

Oubassman
Northern Snakehead

Saturday morning bronze

Met up with a friend early Saturday morning for a float to try and find some active smallies.  There was a chill in the air with a temp of 50 when we started the float about 7:45. 

Started throwing a variety with Choppo topwater, fluke, swimbait and the reliable crankbait.  Friend started with a swimbait and not sure what else.  It took us awhile for me to start getting some action a little bit upstream of what is going to be a really good winter hole.  Picked up a couple on a dark green swim bait and a fluke near current seams.  Got down to the winter hole and started throwing the brown crank along the current seam closer to the bank where it was a little shallower.  Got a solid thump and felt the weight as the fish stayed down.  Pulled some drag and bent the rod and took my time after I saw it.  Ended up with an 18.75" smallmouth in the net.

https://images2.imgbox.com/06/97/bZyotPLD_o.jpg
https://images2.imgbox.com/b0/e9/vZfwc4Xz_o.jpg

Pulled in another smaller one on the crank in the same area and then a few more on the swimbait immediately downstream.  We kept floating and I continued to pick up a few more here and there on the crankbait, swimbait and fluke.  My friend couldn't get bite but managed to bring in a few on a swimbait and topwater prop bait.

I also had a kayak side release of another 17" smaller 😁 that got JUST enough slack when I tried to pull him closer for the net.  But surprised it didn't throw it sooner considering it jumped a foot in the air twice and splashed around a few more times. 

Ended up with 14-15 and my friend got 2.  Thell majority of fish were caught in the vicinity of winter areas, so the shorter days and overnight temps seem to have them moving.  Lets hope the feedbag is on because it's been hard to find bigger fish lately with the water clear and low.

#2 Sep-17-23 1:09PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Saturday morning bronze

Excellent day! Well done...

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Sep-17-23 1:30PM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Saturday morning bronze

Great job!  It is the beginning.  Grass dying will be next challenge before leaves.  I like this time of year for sure.

Always wishin' I was fishin'

Board footer