Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Aug-17-23 8:08AM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

Hump day humping

Met Leon, Doug, and Jacob at o'dark thirty to float a 5.5 stretch

Everything was perfect - well, almost everything.  Fishing was slow.  Water was like a bath tub. Bald Eagles were everywhere and what was cool, so were ospreys.  They gave the bald eagle all the space they wanted - respect!

Not sure on anyone's numbers, but it was slow.  I eked out 5, Leon got a couple, not sure if Jacob was skunked and Doug was the superstar of the day.  He down sized and focused on the dinks and ended up getting a 16+" smallie. 

Met a guy at the end of the float who was part of the Luthor/Jeff Little crowd who claimed to catch a 30" walleye. Would have loved to see a pix,  Interesting yak - big Hobie w/ a torquedo mount and a fortune of YakAttack accessories.  He was trying to drag it up a small class I rapid with no success.  Thing must have weighed over 100#

Just for perspective, here's a pix of a 25" walleye I got earlier this year.  I do know they stock walleye on that section.  A 30" one would be impressive and could explain the lack of fish.

https://i.imgur.com/ipIuRpp.jpg

Last edited by hookup (Aug-17-23 8:10AM)

#2 Aug-17-23 9:17AM

Oubassman
Northern Snakehead

Re: Hump day humping

It was great fishing with you guys as always, company was great but the fishing left something to be desired 😁😁.   

I started trying to make a fluke, bigger swimbait and topwater work with only a few halfhearted strikes from small fish.  As George said, downsizing to his secret swimbait, including color, I got some humpday action 🤣.  3 or 4 fairly quickly, including the 16" and a bonus largemouth.   Picked up a couple more and also got a couple more, including a couple of 14's, on the good old brown and orange Crankbait.  Jacob did end up with the dreaded skunk, as a couple didn't stay hooked.

Highlight was running the ONE RAPID and getting a kayak full of water as I went through the last wave! Cooled me off quickly.

Glad to be out with friends and not working

#3 Aug-17-23 10:46AM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Congrats on a good outing with friends!

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#4 Aug-17-23 6:54PM

Ernie
Administrator

Good job boys!

My 14’ Hobie PA weighed 140lbs naked!

Time to go fishin' again!

#5 Aug-19-23 8:01AM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

Oubassman wrote:

Highlight was running the ONE RAPID and getting a kayak full of water as I went through the last wave! Cooled me off quickly.

If one doesn't know about that rapid it would be NOT GOOD. 

My 14’ Hobie PA weighed 140lbs naked

This was a long one and I'm sure it was heavy with all the accessories he added

Board footer