Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Aug-09-23 4:59AM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Morning wade 8/9/23

Got out early again and the water was nice.  Up about maybe 5 inches and still pretty clear.  Started with the tiny popper and switched to a little buzzbait.  No bites for a little while.  Water was quiet.

https://i.imgur.com/A9f32J2.jpg

I was about to switch baits and as the lure was almost back to me there was a huge explosion!  It ripped drag and I knew I had to get it away from the rocks and grass patches.  Every time the fish surged; it took drag.  It was an epic battle on 6 pound line.  I could see it was a big fish, but when I got it up near shore, I saw it was a catfish.  I dragged it up on the bank.  As it was flopping, I tried to grab the line and it broke, but I grabbed the fish.  I ran up to get the scale, but only got the grippers so, I secured the fish and had to use the pliers to get the hook out.  I did bring the hawg trough this time and it was 26 inches easy.  My heart was pounding!

https://i.imgur.com/ctJu40q.jpg

Having broken off the buzzer and it was still too dark to mess with re-tying, I tried the TRD.  No bites on that to my surprise.  The fish feeding activity was sparse and none nearby.  I decided to switch back to the buzzer.  I re-tied and threw it a few times.  One decent fish went airborne for it, but missed.  A few casts later, something slurped it under.  I set the hook and it was a better fish and this time a smallie.  I fought it through the obstacles, with a few drag pulling surges.  I could see it was a big fish.  I got it to shore, was able to lip it and get the hook out with no problem and put it on the hawg trough.  It was around 19.5 inches.  I was able to get it on the boga and weigh it and it was 3.97 pounds.  Beautiful fish.

https://i.imgur.com/5DfOmW3.jpg

No more bites after that and I was off the water about 7:10am.  Fun outing.

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#2 Aug-09-23 5:24AM

Bryan
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Morning wade 8/9/23

Great report. You're killing it this summer!

tight lines

#3 Aug-09-23 6:28AM

Oubassman
Northern Snakehead

Good looking smallie. Congratulations

#4 Aug-09-23 4:26PM

Ernie
Administrator

drxfish wrote:

I dragged it up on the bank.

Hey! lol Show some respect! lol

That is a very nice channel cat!

Oh, the smallie ain't too shabby as well!

Nicely done!

Time to go fishin' again!

#5 Aug-09-23 5:09PM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

That fish was going crazy!  I tried to lip it and it tore up my thumb.  Then it was flipping on the ground.  Super cool topwater explosion though.

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#6 Aug-10-23 4:36AM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

Nice smallie

Who needs a boat?

#7 Aug-10-23 11:10AM

Ernie
Administrator

hookup wrote:

Who needs a boat?

I was thinking the same but then I saw where John got off the water at 7:10a. That's when I get up! lol

Remember, boats are BOATS! Break Out Another Thousand Stupid!

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer