Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 May-27-23 10:38AM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

Beautiful Day

Hooked up with BassManPete to fish a 7 miles strech

He got a new kayak - an inflatable NRS Kuda 126.  Interesting kayak, 35# base weight, floats with very little draft and turns on a dime.

But as all inflatables if you're in the wind you're going up river.  We had a mile head wind all day.

10 hours later we were both beat.  8 miles in 10 hours got us to pick the water apart.

We lost count at 75.  It was a  numbers day.  Almost every cast got a tail bite or a fish.  The spawn worked in that area.  No pigs, but saw wildlife every where including a few turkey hens.

The wildest thing happened.  We we looking at Mama Duck and her ducklings swimming across the river and all of a sudden a big splash happenedand a Musky was chasing the goslings.  Pete and I both saw it but he saw the fish and more Muskies following the ducks.  I was in the water messing with something on the kayak and figured it was probably a good time to get back into the yak.  Pete cast over and instantly his braid was cut with their razor sharp teeth.  A real feeding frenzy.

edit.  Slept good that night!

Last edited by hookup (May-27-23 10:38AM)

#2 May-27-23 10:56AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Beautiful Day

Good for you guys!

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 May-27-23 1:53PM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Very cool!  That is a name from the past.

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#4 May-28-23 12:34PM

Oubassman
Northern Snakehead

You guys we're definitely killing them. Nicely done. What size is nice but sometimes it's just nice to catch fish all day long

Board footer