Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Sep-09-22 11:52AM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

Bit of a bump slowed them down ...

And then Ernie says we had a full moon.

Started the day with the river bumped a bit.  And muddy.  And it was drizzling for a couple hours.  To warm to put on a rain jacket so just got moist and enjoyed the wind when it blew. 

Couple bucks on the drive down, a bunch of possums - both dead and alive everywhere.  Saw a few green herons, some big blue herons, and a few juvenile bald eagles.  Nice to see wild life.

Started throwing top water and flukes and nothing. Then spinnerbaits and crank baits and again, nothing.

Couple hours later asked my buddy catch anything?  He said Yeah, 11.  I'm like WTF?  He downsized and was harassing the dinks and catfish.

I stuck with bigger baits, started polishing the rocks & finally hook up.  Keep up the pattern all day and did OK.  Broke double digits but just barely.

Had a pig of a 16"ish fish on that was almost as wide as it was long.  Man was she fat.  Held it up to show off and a kick of the tail the fish slipped out of my fingers and into the water for freedom.  No pix!

Buddy kept harassing the dinks, got another cat and then in one cast the top part of his rod went flying.  The line must have broke because next time I saw his he only had 1/2 a rod.

Ran a pretty good rapid going strong with the extra water, then picked up a few more fish and it was time to call it a day.  The wave trains at the bottom of the rapid soaked me - which was welcome!

We both really enjoyed not sweating our butts off and the cool day. 

Fall's coming and the fish definitely moved since earlier in the week but glad to finally find them

Also saw cops everywhere on the way home.  Watch you're speed - they're out now that school started.

Last edited by hookup (Sep-09-22 11:54AM)

#2 Sep-09-22 12:37PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Bit of a bump slowed them down ...

Sounds like a nice day out on the river...

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Sep-22-22 9:56AM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Bit of a bump slowed them down ...

Any day not work'n and fish'n is a good day

Board footer