Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Aug-19-21 10:38AM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Upper Potomac 8/19/21

Finally had enough water to get the boat out.  I had replaced the hubs on my trailer and finally got a new TM battery to try out.  Water was around 1.55 feet at POR and water was brown stained to green depending on where you were.  Saw some deer on the way in and the raptors were out in full force.

Water temp was 79 when I started and my plan was to fish top to shallow.  I tried the Whopper Plopper and no takers.  Tried a couple wake baits and a 1-minus and not a sniff.  Ran further upriver and tried everything - tube, ned, swim bait, spinnerbait, shallow cranks, twin spin, spinnerbaits and a chatterbait.

SKUNK-O.

Got a swipe at the chatterbait and a follow on a rebel craw crank, but no bites.

Birds and raptors were feeding.  Saw at least 5 Ospreys and more Eagles, Herons and Egrets.  I also stirred up a school of small fish, but could not ID them.

The breeze felt nice.  The new battery and all motors worked well.  I saw a large snapping turtle mosey out onto a grassy bank.  A good sign was some grass patches (SAV) in shallow water. 

I am going to say the hot, low water has the fish looking for either deeper or more oxygenated areas.  I chose not to float the chute because I could not run back up  at this level.

Enjoyed my time on the water and got off about 12:15pm

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#2 Aug-19-21 10:47AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Upper Potomac 8/19/21

I thought about going out today but expected more wind and dirtier water so I slept in. But...the predicted rise never materialized. Might get to just over 2' by the weekend.

Glad you got out.

These guys were playing at the ramp when I stopped by (was taking boat back to the barn).

https://i.imgur.com/X2hMCy7.jpg

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Aug-19-21 12:30PM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

That's pretty cool.

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#4 Aug-19-21 2:05PM

Ernie
Administrator

They were great...asked me if I needed to use the ramp since I had the boat in tow.The water canon was cool!

Time to go fishin' again!

#5 Aug-19-21 2:59PM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

Got to test out the battery & new hubs ... and spend time on the river

Ernie wrote:

The water canon was cool!

Playing with the toys

Thought about the winds today when I was outside

Board footer