Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jul-20-21 4:47AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

Scouting Report for Crows Nest Stafford VA

Crows Nest kayak launch is just around the corner from me (literally 3 minutes) on the way down to aquia landing, so I decided to give it a try and take a look around.
It's a great location with with a parking lot for anyone who wants to launch their kayak or go for a hike.  The dock extends out maybe 100 yds to the water and has a really cool kayak/canoe launch platform.
The waterway is as beautiful as I have ever seen with it being maybe 30 ft wide on average with heavy pads and grass on both sides.
The creek is very, very long and deep.  I was there at low tide and it was still a good 4-5 ft deep.
Amazing amounts of holes and high tide settings for incredible ambush fishing.

My takeaways:
-Don't bring a heavy kayak like mine....you'll be toast by the end of the day and let's just say I was done and done by the end with the lifting and pushing all the way up and down the ramp.
-There was a 24 ft fishing boat in there and I noticed that it came in off the main potomac waters through a series of creek switchbacks.
-I had zero interest in any of my swim baits and frogs (although the boat captain said it's been a rough day also)
-I was there at 6 pm and although it wasn't the golden hour for fishing I saw very little signs of big fish.  Lot's of bait though.
-The beauty of the area will amaze you.  I am considering looking for a lightweight option just to go there on a whim since it's so close to me.

I didn't catch anything, but it was well worth my back and shoulder pain to check it out! lol

#2 Jul-20-21 11:47AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Scouting Report for Crows Nest Stafford VA

I am certain that we will be seeing some fish pics in the bear future!

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Jul-20-21 12:32PM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Scouting Report for Crows Nest Stafford VA

Sounds beautiful.

Always wishin' I was fishin'

Board footer