Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jul-17-21 7:47AM

Junger
Northern Snakehead

Mattawoman 7/16/21

Wrapped up my work by 3PM and tonight was my only chance this weekend to go out...too hot for my dad so I asked my brother and he got the clearance from the wife-unit. We got onto the water at 5:30 and figured it'd be slow until the tide change and the sun dipped a little farther down so we took our time cruising up the creek with stogies and bourbon in hand. We finally some some baitfish being pushed and so popper fishing we went. I let my my brother fish up front all night, gotta love the Ultrex. We ended up with over 12 bass, mostly small dinks though and one small snakehead, and lost a couple at the boat. Water was 89 so I think the big girls are in some deeper water edges. We were way back past the bike trail wall away from other boats. On the way back in, no one was up Horseman's creek so we fished there for about 45 minutes until 9:15 and got a few more. I had a great time fishing with my brother, he usually doesn't get out much because of familial duties (two girls age 3 and 1).

http://i.imgur.com/2aPqqCQ.jpg

Last edited by Junger (Jul-17-21 7:48AM)

#2 Jul-17-21 10:25AM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Mattawoman 7/16/21

Quality bro time!

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#3 Jul-17-21 11:38AM

Ernie
Administrator

That boat is getting it done!

Time to go fishin' again!

#4 Jul-17-21 12:59PM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

Success even without a red flannel shirt onboard

Great job

#5 Jul-19-21 8:47AM

firemunkee
Patagonian Toothfish

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing the report and pictures! Where's the food though tongue Also what'd you have to smoke and drink?

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

#6 Jul-19-21 10:01AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

cool report.  Wish I had a rapport with my brother like you do.  That's why friends are the family you choose!

#7 Jul-19-21 10:11AM

Junger
Northern Snakehead

firemunkee wrote:

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing the report and pictures! Where's the food though tongue Also what'd you have to smoke and drink?

No food, we got onto the water before dinner, and were off way too late...no great places to stop that can fit a boat on 210...maybe BJ's BBQ if I park down the road. But the beverages were fantastic, store pick Eagle Rare and some Guiness Baltimore Blonde, and My Father Flor De Antilles maduros.

backtofuturetoyota wrote:

cool report.  Wish I had a rapport with my brother like you do.  That's why friends are the family you choose!

My bro and I didn't get along in our twenties and early thirties...he almost didn't come to my wedding....but we worked at it and having kids definitely changed things for us. I would say it took a lot of maturing on his end to finally make it all work.

Board footer