Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jun-01-21 9:14AM

Junger
Northern Snakehead

Mattawoman 5/31/21

I wasn't planning on going out on Memorial Day, but my dad wanted to go out. We went from 10AM-2PM, high tide at 12:30PM.  I knew it would be a tough day, but when we got there everything was stacked against us. The water was really high from the rains, and water temps dropped from 78 to 63 from last Thursday. The winds were forecasted from 7-10mph, but it was more like 15-20mph, and the creek was crowded.

We started in the second set of pads on the right, across from the Beach islands, trying to hit the one section protected from the wind but nothing here. Then we hit the Pond along the back edge to hit the spot I had luck in last week, got some good protection from the wind for a while, but then the direction changed and the water was muddy, where it was crystal clear last week. My dad got one blow up on a popping frog, and that was it.

It was about 1PM and the tide was going out and I was about to call it a day, but on the way out, the cut near the bike wall looked pretty good and was protected against the wind. I went in there and scored a decent 3lber on a swimmy. My dad had already put his gear away, so he was just enjoying a beer at this point.

https://i.imgur.com/kE6ORtyl.jpg

I was about to have him get a rod ready, but a fleet of yakers went right through the cut and we called it after that.

https://i.imgur.com/VhV1ZWEl.jpg

A good Memorial Day trip with my dad in the books, and looking forward to the water temps climbing back up.

#2 Jun-01-21 11:46AM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Mattawoman 5/31/21

Oh, the joys of Holiday fishing!  At least you got one and dad got a boat ride and a beer.

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#3 Jun-01-21 2:44PM

Ernie
Administrator

You are brave to go on a Holiday but taking your dad takes precedence over inconvenience. Nice bass!

Time to go fishin' again!

#4 Jun-02-21 4:56AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

these are the days you won't get back so good on ya!

#5 Jun-03-21 6:28AM

captmikestarrett
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Wife and I fished that day also. Tough bite with only one LGmouth and a small gar landed. Both on little swimmy.
Saw Tom in the parking area and I was wearing a tie dye shirt. He wanted to know where I got it. Got it from Woody's Bar B Que in Chincoteaque .
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-wZhI_sIVwQQ/VblS0GBr51I/AAAAAAAAj-A/EF3tM0JONuM/s1600/20150728_202438.jpg

Capt Mike

Light Tackle Fishing Guide on the Potomac

Board footer