Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jul-18-20 8:46AM

Junger
Northern Snakehead

Mattawoman 7/18/20

So Brandon hasn't fished from the boat this year at all. So finally he agrees to go, but we go early because it's supposed to get up to 95 today. We get to Slavins by 5:45AM and there are about 8 boats in line, I guess there was a tournament. It didn't take long to put in, these guys were fast. It was high tide so we head to the Big Pond with toads and frogs. We fished until 9AM, and it was already 86 by then. I got 2 hits, but nothing connected. Each time I let the fish have it, but the line never tightened. I also had a few follows and even spooked some. I think it was a big worm kind of day because the Keitech flapper wasn't getting it done, but I didn't bring anything else.

But it was a winning day, it was Brandon's first day casting a baitcaster and he did pretty good. He's got some good thumb control after several casts. He just needs to work on casting, he is casting from the right side of his body because he says the reel handle is too close to his face if he casts from the left side. I'll work on that work him, but he's loading it pretty good without birds nests.

http://i.imgur.com/EYqO74q.mp4

Last edited by Junger (Jul-18-20 8:46AM)

#2 Jul-18-20 8:49AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Mattawoman 7/18/20

I think he is ready for a fly rod!

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Jul-18-20 11:34AM

hookup
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Mattawoman 7/18/20

Good job!

#4 Jul-20-20 6:30AM