Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 May-28-20 5:36PM

Rob Allen

Solomons Island report - May 23,24,25

Hi Guys -

Late report.

Fished from Solomons last weekend with Bobby Rae, Shannon, and Tara.

Four separate trips.

1. Saturday afternoon to 7:30 pm on Western side - power plant, and other structure/contours.  Calm conditions and lots of no see-ums that feasted on my son. He was not happy - the bugs always go after him!  Caught stripers up to 19 inches on light tackle jigging.

2. Sunday morning - fished inside the Pax - we had east winds - but we did produce some stripers on points - again up to 19".and Shannon got her first Speck(14" - released).

3. Sunday afternoon to 7:00 - More east wind - stayed in River tried to mark bait and fish.  Charter boats trolling in River and seemed to be were working hard.  We caught more stripers,   We also encountered breaking bluefish that were up for about 20 seconds.

4. Monday morning - My son and Girlfriend slept in, and we got a later start than I hoped for -  northeast breeze - but not real strong.  Fished points in the river, and caught stripers, one on topwater - but all smallish in size.  So we ventured out to CPR - and found more stripers and Shannon caught a chunky 19" Speck, which was released.

Lures used - swimbaits - 3 & 4 inch on 3/ to 1/2 oz,    3/8 Oz Bug with 3 inch white/pearl z man paddle tail - (my new go to lure combo)      small smack it, and some 3/4 oz jig heads with BKD, Bass assassin, etc.  Shaggy shads with BKD.  No real color preference that I could tell.

All fish were released.

Fish were not overly aggressive - and you really had to get the lure down to them, as they seemed to be hanging on structure, and often down low in water column.

Somebody reported an invasion of Cow nose rays at the plant on Sunday - but we did not see any rays all weekend, including Saturday at the plant.

Water temps were 62-63  Water very clean, and clear.

Good family time, played cards at night - no cable TV at the cottage!

They surprised me with an early Fathers day gift - decal for the boat.  It is now officially named "Green Boat"

Rob Allen
703-626-2668

#2 May-28-20 6:00PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Solomons Island report - May 23,24,25

Great way to use the "Green Boat"...family and fishing!

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer