Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Oct-25-08 2:01PM

Rob Allen

Solomons, 10-24 with Walleye Pete (pics added 10/28)

Had a trip on Friday with Walleye Pete....hooked up with George Lenard and Dave Gedra in Fairfax at 4:30 and then headed the 84 miles south to Solomons.

We met Pete at the Navy rec center pkg lot and headed out - we were met with East southeat winds - but a beautiful sunrise.

First stop at CPR rocks - saw our friend Chris Moe anchored up throwing flies in the breeze - we worked the rocks with jigs and quickly kicked the skunk off the boat - put a few keepers in the cooler (ya never know what the rest of the day would bring).

After playing around for awhile we headed over to the Honga Bridge and immediately started hooking up - using Lil Jimmies, and a new lure developed by George that resembles a Peanut Bunker - this lure was very hot for me and we bailed 20-24 inch stripers for the next hour....- edited - The Lure is now called the "SHAGGY SHAD"  altough another considered name was "Joe the Shad" inspired by Joe the plumber of course - but George thought Shaggy Shad was catchy - I agree - - George left a few of these Shaggy Shads with Pete and he fished them with much success on Sunday -

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/CaptPete10-24-08006.jpg

I was also able to catch a nice 30 inch fish in the mix ....

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/CaptPete10-24-08001.jpg

We broke the rule (never leave biting fish to go find fish)and headed down to Bloodsworth/ Holland Island and many little points in the marshy areas - all were very fishy looking and some produced well - some did not  -

We worked our way back to Honga bridge - and caught many more fish - George was retreiving his lure and BAM - the rod is almost ripped out of his grip - when he gets the fish to the surface - it is Copper in color with a black spot on his tail - nice 17" puppy drum - pics were taken and fish released.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/Capt120Pete2010-24-0820020.jpg

We then headed west before the wind began to kick and worked the outgoing tide at the rock pile -   Dave was hot using this lil jimmie anchovy pattern - and he was pretty much on target this time at the rocks - and the he hooks one that starts to take draq - and eventually gives in - a REAL fat 33" fish that was released to fight another day ....

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj320/Kiko13PB/CaptPete10-24-08026.jpg

I would say we caught over 100 fish yesterday - with only a few that were 18" or under - a High Quality day on the water!

It was getting time to head in - so we did -

Cleaned up a bit - and went for some BBQ at Jethros -

Hit the road - and since George was driving - I slept for the ride - Thanks George -

All in all - a great trip - a great Guide, and a Great crew -

Rob

Last edited by Rob Allen (Oct-29-08 7:41AM)

#2 Oct-26-08 4:37AM

jumping jasper
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Solomons, 10-24 with Walleye Pete (pics added 10/28)

Sounds like a day to remember for sure.

smile

#3 Oct-26-08 6:45PM

Rob Allen

they are in Georges camera - when he e-mails them to me - I will post for sure.

#4 Oct-28-08 6:25AM

Ernie
Administrator

Great day Rob! But hey, Pete usually delivers!

Earlier this year I said I was going to fish the bay more...and I did, although only once on my boat. Days like that make the drive a little nicer...especially if you can take a snooze!

Looking forward to seeing the pictures!

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

#5 Oct-29-08 4:19PM

Ernie
Administrator

Puppy drum picture is up!

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer