Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Apr-17-17 6:41AM

Bryan
Patagonian Toothfish

Virginia Beach 4/14-4/15

Got down to VB Friday afternoon. Pretty much anything that floats was on the water, from paddleboards to charter boats. I gave it a few hours and caught a bunch of small trout (both specks and weakies), one red, and one bluefish. The trout were pretty small, nothing over 14" or so. I pulled out late afternoon and got a few hours of sleep in the car.

Went back out Friday night and thankfully it was much quieter. It took a couple hours to find the right spot, but when I did, it was on. I threw a Z-Man Paddlerz on a 3/16 jighead and had consistent action on both specks and reds for about 2 hours in an area the size of a bedroom. The specks were all keeper size up to 20", and the drum were anywhere from 17" to lower slot size. Kept a couple of each and released everything else. I also caught a handful of rat stripers and saw a few that were probably mid-20" under some lights.

Early in the morning a pod of dolphins came through and shut everything down. Nothing like sitting alone in a kayak in the dark and having a big dorsal fin suddenly pop up 20 feet away. I think I almost had a heart attack. Paddled back in after that and caught a couple more trout just before I got to the dock. Fun trip, but too short.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk271/BryanL857/rudee%204-15-17.jpg

tight lines

#2 Apr-17-17 10:47AM

firemunkee
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Virginia Beach 4/14-4/15

Nice haul!!

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

#3 Apr-17-17 6:22PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Virginia Beach 4/14-4/15

Nice work!

Bryan wrote:

Early in the morning a pod of dolphins came through and shut everything down. Nothing like sitting alone in a kayak in the dark and having a big dorsal fin suddenly pop up 20 feet away.

Yikes!

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer