Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jul-20-16 5:51AM

captmikestarrett
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Sometimes luck is good and sometimes it is bad.

Tuesday morning I got up really early and launched my Mako on Mattawomen creek. The idea was to inspect and repair the trailer as I have a long tow this weekend. Also make sure things work on Mako. So while I am doing this perhaps I could get a few hours of fishing in if I start at dawn. Arrived at the ramp at dawn and all the boat parking was full except one..All Delaware tags. Parking lot was wet but no sign of the boats at the ramp. Walked back down to my tied up boat and was almost run over by a wild turkey. It happens right.
Launch and explore some new areas. Looks right for a spinnerbait, so for my first cast I run the bait over some submerged grass beds and bingo. This fish turns out to be a really good fight and after two good runs I see this is a big bass. Thinking catfish at first. Land him and photo him.
http://www.indianheadcharters.com/16/a.jpg

I fix my bait after it was bent into a pretzel and check it out and it runs right. For the next  two and half hours I get zip... nada... and only a sniff on a popper. Fish are busting bait all around me but not hitting my lures.

I think the first cast should be way far away from possible fish catch next trip.. just to insure that never happens again..

Capt Mike

Last edited by captmikestarrett (Jul-20-16 5:57AM)

Light Tackle Fishing Guide on the Potomac

#2 Jul-20-16 6:49AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Sometimes luck is good and sometimes it is bad.

I hate when that happens but I would rather that happen than sitting in a meeting in NY.

Thanks for distracting me....

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Jul-20-16 8:49AM

Paul Naj
Northern Snakehead

Fish on the first cast is bad mojo, period.

#4 Jul-20-16 1:43PM

pier_man0909

when I catch a fish on my first cast I like to stop right there.  That way, when someone asks me how my fishing was I can honestly say "I caught fish on every cast!"

#5 Jul-20-16 3:17PM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

At least it was a good one!  Wild Turkey...cool!

Always wishin' I was fishin'

Board footer