Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 May-23-15 8:54AM

HoleyRockofTX
Website

Live Bait near Shenandoah

Im looking to get some live minnows to catch on catfish on the Shenandoah.  Does anyone know of any places to pick some up in the metroplex (prefered on the way to the Shenandoah) or near the Shenandoah lol.  Thanks for all your help.

#2 May-23-15 4:28PM

Osprey
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Re: Live Bait near Shenandoah

worms are easy.... wal-mart

20' Key West..16' C-Hawk...Hobie Pro Angler...Hobie Outback

#3 May-25-15 5:39AM

HoleyRockofTX
Website

Thx for advise.  I believe most outdoors stores also sell live worms.  In texas almost every gas station near water also sold them lol.  Hope everyone is having a wonderful memorial day.

#4 May-29-15 9:27AM

mkupchyk

Catch your own minnows, just buy a minnow trap (~15-20 on Amazon or maybe local retailers) and bait it with some hotdog pieces or whatever, you will have lots of fresh minnows in no time. A trick if the trap does not have a spot to put the bait (since if you just put the bait against the mesh sometimes the minnows will find a way to eat it from the outside) is to take a mesh or cheesecloth (part of those bags onions come in works) and use that to make a bundle for the bait then tie a string and suspend it from the top of the trap in the middle.

#5 Jun-25-15 8:32PM

CrankbaitGuy

Apologies for the threadomancy here, but if you'll be driving past Lake Frederick, the concession there sells minnows.  It was (and may still be) called Wolf's Minnow Bucket.

#6 Jun-25-15 10:28PM

HoleyRockofTX
Website

Thanks for the help.  I will have to check out the Lake Fredrick area.  I think the minnow trap might be difficult because I live so far form the river (over an hour) and not sure how fast I could catch the minnows.

Board footer