Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Aug-12-08 5:27PM

Ernie
Administrator

8-12-08 OBX surf report

Hit the surf for 90 minutes; I threw a Specialized Baits metal spoon with my baitcaster. I was fishing along side 12 others. Only one other guy was throwing artificials and he got skunked....I did not! If it was a flounder contest, I would have won with a sub legal 14 incher. The other folks, using shrimp and squid caught small fish (blues, kings, spot, flounder, pompano).None were bigger than the blue gill in our ponds.

The water is very warm and a great color.

Yaking the sound in the AM before the storms move in.

Curly- there is a guy with a cool surf fishing cart that "guides" for tourists who want to surf fish He was having a blast! Perfect 2nd career after you retire. I wish I had brought my camera down!

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Aug-13-08 2:53PM

Osprey
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Re: 8-12-08 OBX surf report

Pacemaker wrote:

Hit the surf for 90 minutes; I threw a Specialized Baits metal spoon with my baitcaster. I was fishing along side 12 others. Only one other guy was throwing artificials abd he got skunked....I did not! If it was a flounder contest, I would have won with a sub legal 14 incher. The other folks, using shrimp and squid caught small fish (blues, kings, spot, floubder, pompano).None were bigger than the blue gill in our ponds.

The water is very warm and a great color.

Yaking the sound in the AM before the storms move in.

Curly- there is a guy with a cool surf fishing cart that "guides" for tourists who want to surf fish He was havibg a blast! Perfect 2nd career after you retire. I wish I had brought my camera down!

Ernie

There's a bunch of those guys with carts roaming around DC as well. For a cigarette and loose change they'll guide you too. Never considered that as a second career, but they pprobably have as much time to fish as both Curly and Ernie.

20' Key West..16' C-Hawk...Hobie Pro Angler...Hobie Outback

Board footer