Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jun-04-14 5:04PM

kidnikarus
Northern Snakehead

Spots near Mclean

I am having a dilema. I just took a new job in Mclean after being in Arlington for almost 8 years. My office now is 10 minutes from gravelly point, coumbia island and four mile run. I fish almost five days a week now. Anyone now of close spots in McLean? I ll be on Dolly Madison a few miles from Tysons. I defintely thought about not taking the job after looking at google maps but fishing does not pay the bills -at least for me. Any input would be extremely appreciated.

Nick Mendis
Woodbridge, VA

#2 Jun-04-14 6:16PM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Spots near Mclean

Nope.  Gotta go back to spots you mentioned or West to get to Upper Potomac.  That is farther from home for you.  Most areas close are restricted access.  Maybe Chain Bridge, but that is tricky on the VA side.

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#3 Jun-05-14 3:53AM

backtofuturetoyota
Patagonian Toothfish

Unfortunately...I don't think there is anything for you locally off of Dolly Madison.  My new office building is supposedly going to have a nice pond...so I'm thinking about stocking it for future use! (next to Hilton Hq).  I suggest you just head back towards home and fish your regular spots.  Gotta earn the bacon first to be able to fish unless your one of the lucky ones doing what you love and getting paid for it.

#4 Jun-05-14 5:30AM

NOVAhunter
Northern Snakehead

It has been years since I have been here (15+ now).

http://www.nps.gov/gwmp/planyourvisit/turkeyrun.htm

Board footer