Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Apr-27-13 6:31PM

T.
Patagonian Toothfish

Wavewalk Kayak

Figured I start a separate thread for any discussion about it.  Like mentioned before, if anyone wants to try it out, let me know when and which Ashburn lake to meet at.

This is the website for them  http://www.wavewalk.com/

The best part about it for me is the seating positions, lots of them.  Second would be all the storage.  I can carry all my fishing gear with room to spare and still be able to move around.  A normal day of fishing in my other kayak leaves me exhausted.  I don't see that happening with this one.

#2 Apr-28-13 4:33AM

jffoley
Northern Snakehead

Re: Wavewalk Kayak

I have noticed the Wavewalk somewhere and interested to check it out. It seems light enough to easily cartop. A lot of "stable" kayaks are a bit too heavy to handle by myself. Or, I would need some sort of load assist contraption.

Currently, I have a Hobie Revo which, is great but the constant recumbent bicycle position becomes uncomfortable after a few hours. Also a wet butt when not wearing waders in the summer gets old! I use a Cobra Explorer for Pohick, Riverbend and other sweet water locales. I'll use the Hobie in the bay and bigger waters. The Cobra is only 46 pounds and very easy to handle.

Good luck with it. Were you able to demo it somewhere before deciding on it? Is there a local dealer or did you have it shipped from the manufacturer?

Cobra Explorer Kayak
Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Co-Founder
www.cbkainc.com

#3 Apr-28-13 4:55AM

Ernie
Administrator

That is a very cool kayak....very versatile.

I now use my 13' Prowler for smallie floats, only in warm (hot) weather so a wet butt is OK as I will also wade at times to rest the butt.

My other one is a Hobie Pro Angler. It is classified as a boat (140lbs) but it is very comfortable and easy to transport. I will use it on open water.

I still like to paddle for arm/shoulder exercise and I peddle enough on my bike to keep the legs fit.

Time to go fishin' again!

#4 Apr-28-13 1:31PM

T.
Patagonian Toothfish

The Wavewalk weighs 53lbs.  Mine weighs more than that when I'm loading it in my truck since I keep all my gear in the kayak.

I was able to demo it in FL since there was a dealer nearby by.  He met me right down the road.   He didn't have any green ones.  The closest dealer is in Richmond just a few miles off I-95  Luckily he had green ones and it was a quick stop on the way home from FL. 

I just got home from Fletcher's.  Lots of people were interested or looking closely at it as I passed by.

#5 Apr-29-14 1:42PM

T.
Patagonian Toothfish

I did some more modifications recently.  I got it mounted early last week and my registration showed up on Saturday.  I got to try it for the first time at Pohick Sunday morning.  It worked really well.  Seems to be going even faster than what the GPS indicates.

http://youtu.be/z37Ty_iGIDU

#6 Apr-29-14 3:06PM

Ernie
Administrator

Hauilin'!

Time to go fishin' again!

#7 Apr-29-14 5:44PM

firemunkee
Patagonian Toothfish

Very cool! Can't wait to get a yak...one day...smile