Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 May-20-14 4:04PM

captmikestarrett
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Assategue Surf 5/19

Fished Monday in some gorgeous weather. Light winds off the sea meant no bugs and the water was clear green. First cast and rod bends over in holder and I let the newbie grab the rod and well he lost it. Beginner mistake gently corrected and on to the next hit. This time hook set was good but fish came unbuttoned again. Checked hooks and they where dull. Sharpen them up and the bite shut down. Several hours later my big rod gets a good hit and dropped the bait almost immediately. Two hours later my heaver rod with a head on it bends over and pop goes the 60lb shock leader. Teeth marks all over the end of the line. Called it a day after we fed the crabs the rest of our bait. Still no real fish from AI yet after four trips. Not discouraged and looking for a next date I can go.
Capt Mike

Light Tackle Fishing Guide on the Potomac

#2 May-21-14 5:29AM

Bryan
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Assategue Surf 5/19

That's some tough luck. Thanks for the report, I hope they stay buttoned next time.

tight lines

#3 May-21-14 6:11AM

Ernie
Administrator

No stogie report?

Time to go fishin' again!

#4 May-22-14 12:31PM

captmikestarrett
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Good cigars where enjoyed by all. Hoyo del Monterrey in fact. My daughter has acquired my taste in strong cigars and so has her boyfriend. Maybe due to the zero cost to them..

I have a few weeks before my season starts but have all free time filled with family outings and fun bunch trip to CBBT.

Been working hard each day this week on the yard and house. Got my solar hot water recharged this morning and tank is already 95 degrees. Free hot water all summer long. Yea!

Capt Mike

#5 May-22-14 2:28PM

drxfish
Patagonian Toothfish

I read about two more bull sharks caught in the Potomac, so maybe a shark bit you off?  Or a chopper blue...  Tough luck for sure.

Always wishin' I was fishin'

#6 May-22-14 2:57PM

captmikestarrett
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

AI surf has a lot of big sharks that roam the inside edge. But so do other fish. 15 miles south some convict Bass where caught that day. But driving 15 miles in the sand is not fun after a three hour drive just to get there. The area I set up in had all the right stuff but water was very cold.. About a week and it will bust loose with drum and convicts. Not to mention chopper blues..

I will head back in November to December and decide if, the year pass is worth the money.

Would like to fish Va portion also..

Just not enough time till I retire..

Capt Mike

#7 May-22-14 3:36PM

Ernie
Administrator

captmikestarrett wrote:

Just not enough time till I retire..

Yep!!

Time to go fishin' again!