Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 May-14-14 8:52PM

firemunkee
Patagonian Toothfish

Cloudy fishing

I went out today with high hopes given the weather conditions and the full moon. Well I did catch more bass than usual, but they were all under 12". I was using a relatively new crank and today was the first time I caught fish on it. I then proceeded to lose it after casting right next to of the fountains and getting snagged sad just part of the game I guess...I usually get lures on sale but it is still a pain to lose them. This one is over $10 but I got it for under $4!

I also had a strange encounter with te crank. Something stopped my lure, not like how the bass were normally hitting it, and then all of a sudden it starts swiwwing to the side with it. It was only for a few seconds and then it got off. Usually carp take off when you snag them. I had treble hooks so I dont think it was a bass that mouthed the bait. Wonder what it was...cat fish perhaps?

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

#2 May-15-14 4:43AM

AndrewDo124
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Cloudy fishing

catching fish on a lure is great!! despite the size, it gives you confidence in that type of lure or technique. I think confidence is important. Go get more $4 lures! haha.

you could've snagged any number of things, and the way a fish acts or swims after being snagged will be different than when its hooked in the mouth.

nice report!

Board footer