Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 May-02-14 4:37PM

plan b

5-2-14 The Pattern Pays Off!!!

Before I go any further I just want to thank my friend and charter guide for a day, Mr purple worm himself for reschooling me on how darn effective a swim jig can be when fished under the right conditions. 

I tapped into my memory bank of what unfolded that wonderful friday and came across a similar situation today on one of the community lakes...  dirty water, shallow cover and current.  Well i started fishing a swim jig and started picking off dinks left and right.  I wanted to switch baits but it was working so well I really couldnt put it down and i'm glad as it finally payed off.  All fish caught in less than 2-3ft of water and i managed to land 21 in about 2 hours... 18 dinks, 1 barely over a pound, 1 about 1 3/4lbs and this beauty...

http://i1015.photobucket.com/albums/af271/303dnb/photo-11_zpsa7553edc.jpg
measured a hair over 21" on my tape and i'd only put her at barely 5... this fish should have weighed close to 6 but looked a little abnormal.  Wish i had my scale but it was just supposed to be a quick recon mission that turned into a lot of catching.  Don't know how it managed to get a good angle in the shallows but got total airborne twice over a foot out and i was screaming like a rodeo cowboy... now that was awesome!!!

5/16th swim jig and a paddle tail trailer...  i lost the magic one and made a spare by mixing parts and it wasn't the same but still caught some fish

note to self... throw this bait on 15lb or higher test or on braid... i was fishing 12 but could easily go higher without concern of lure action and breaking off big fish in cover.

Last edited by plan b (May-02-14 4:41PM)

#2 May-02-14 5:25PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: 5-2-14 The Pattern Pays Off!!!

Nice fish.  Next time take a pic with the tape in the pic.............to get you on the leader board big_smile .

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#3 May-02-14 6:15PM

firemunkee
Patagonian Toothfish

Sounds like you figured them out! I've never had those kind of numbers. And congrats on that fish!

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

#4 May-02-14 6:54PM

Ernie
Administrator

Nice Brian!

Time to go fishin' again!

#5 May-03-14 5:14AM

John F
Website

Nice one !!