Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jul-26-08 4:32PM

Carl
Northern Snakehead

7-26-08 Patuxent River Broomes Island

Luan Thai and I launched at Broomes Island at 5:30 AM today in search of croakers and white perch. The croakers were in six to seven feet of water. With a spreader rig and shrimp or clam snouts we would catch two at a time but they were under the nine inch size limit. We only caught two that were legal. When the sun started up we grabbed the ultra light gear and grubs for the white perch. We were working the shoreline and came home with seventy-five, but again no real braggers. We had four ten inchers and a few nine inchers. The cownose rays were everywhere. We accidently hooked five or six in the shallow water on the ultra lights and about all you can do is follow the beast around with the boat until it decides to turn on the after burner at which time your four or six pound line pops and that is the end of the story.

#2 Jul-27-08 7:07PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: 7-26-08 Patuxent River Broomes Island

Good job Carl......

The biggest white perch I ever caught was at the mouth of the Choptank River It was a beast but I lost him at boat side....operator error!   roll I would like to take you there but we need to cover a lot of water b(eastern Bay) to get there. We may even run into a school of stripers or blues!

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer