Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jul-21-08 11:42AM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

James River Report - 7/18-7/19

Had a tournament down on the James River this weekend. It was the last tournament of the regular season and man was it hot! Friday we got out for a few hours to see how things were. The water temperature was hot, but we did manage to land a few fish under the clear blue skies in a new creek that we had never fished before.

On Saturday,  we shot down to the Appomatox River only to be baffled by the lack of bites and bass. We gave up there and moved back up to a place where we caught fish last year. Nothing. We then decided to check out a more northern portion of the river. We finally landed our first bass around 10am. We followed that up with another one around noon and our last of the day around 2pm. It was a tough and hot day out there. We saw water temperatures range from 87 to 97. The three fish weighed in at 5lbs and that was good for a top 30 finish.

We finished in 31st overall for the series and we may qualify for the regional tournament which also happens to be on the James River.  I hoped we would have done better, but we just weren't on them. The winning team shot down to the Chickahominy (60 miles) and brought in a 14.44 lb bag of LMB. I guess the price of gas was not an issue for them!

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

#2 Jul-21-08 11:50AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: James River Report - 7/18-7/19

Nice job Patrick....I hear that the James has been tough this year.,

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Jul-21-08 11:51AM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Re: James River Report - 7/18-7/19

I will do my best to dethrone the curled one! I just have to get the wife to buy into all of this fishing time! haha

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

Board footer