Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jul-15-13 7:39AM

Osprey
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Michael had another good day

We went to the same spot where I fished with Ernie and Jimmy last week. Had my oldest son and grandson Michael along. I was there and launched 30 minutes before they arrived and had my limit before Kevin called. Ran back to the ramp to pick them up then back to the same spot. We caught our other two striper limits and some unders that all swam away. It was too early to leave so we tried a Redfish12 method. Baited a top/bottom rig with some fishbites and caught two small spot. Floated them back to a structure and in less than a minute we had another nice striper and this thing

11.5lb blue cat
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii214/captchawk/IMG_20130714_085536_zps81b4c930.jpg

Tried to disguise the location to make it look like a power plant, how'd I do?

Anyway it was hot and they wanted a fish lunch, so we packed up and headed home. Fresh stripers are almost as good as white perch.

20' Key West..16' C-Hawk...Hobie Pro Angler...Hobie Outback

#2 Jul-15-13 8:40AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Michael had another good day

Wow......Calvert Cliffs is really fishing well.

Glad you got 'em on some fish!

Picture says it all.

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Jul-15-13 8:12PM

Redfish12
Northern Snakehead
Website

Sounds like another great day out there Bob! I am hoping to get back down there after restocking redfish magics from Greentop.

By the way, I have been avoiding that place since it opened because everyone said how great it is... no kidding! We got there at 8:51pm (store closes at 9) and I still walked out with a pack of my favorite swimbaits, 4 redfish magics, a dahlberg frog (looks crazy), and a Star rod (WHY was it on SALE!). Thankfully, I am not going back there anytime soon!

#4 Jul-15-13 8:20PM

Osprey
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Redfish12 wrote:

Sounds like another great day out there Bob! I am hoping to get back down there after restocking redfish magics from Greentop.

It's amazing how short the life span of a spot is  when you put it where is doesn't want to be. Little buggers were hard to come by so we took a ride to Swan Pt. Caught 2 that were too big and 2 baby croakers. They are an excellent sub for a spot. Just got too hot to stay.

#5 Jul-15-13 8:27PM

Redfish12
Northern Snakehead
Website

We caught several other cats on perch and then cut perch when they killed them. The spot were definitely the most quickly attacked though and it was hard to catch a rock before the cats would crush them. How was the water clarity? Think all the freshwater pushed the reds back down river?

#6 Jul-16-13 4:55AM

Osprey
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Water clarity is good so far, takes a lot to affect below the bridge. Haven't seen a redfish since we fished there, but the rest seem to be holding their own.

Board footer