Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Apr-28-13 3:39PM

T.
Patagonian Toothfish

Fletcher's 4/28

I caught a bunch of hickories.  Not a single one on a dart though.   I set up a rig with a chartreuse dart on the bottom and a white tube with fingers dyed chartreuse about 18" above it.  I caught two fish with it, first a crappie then a shad, both chose the tube.  I also caught shad with a chrome 5/8oz RatLTrap, several with a green/chrome 1/4oz Kastmaster, and most on a chrome 5/8oz BPS Lazer Blade.  The biggest were 16", both caught above Chain Bridge.

The Lazer Blade was also good for snagging one gizzard shad, catching two LMB (biggest was 15") and one small smallie. 

Since the tide was high and the wind from the east, I was able to get all the way to the concrete platform past Chain Bridge without much effort.  I fished just up from Chain Bridge for a while.  I saw one dead snakehead on the bottom and saw a bunch surfacing for air.  I may have gotten some strikes from them on the Lazer Blade.  I had several strong hook ups that came undone. 

On the way up there, just below the bridge, I watched a family landed a big catfish.  I offered the use of my scale.  36lbs

I one point I was going to start throw a Baby Minus1 over some shallow rocks, but upon casting it, it just kept going and landed in the middle of the strong current.  But on my way back downstream about an hour I later I found a Baby Minus1 floating along in the current.  Score! Not the one I lost though, it was a different pattern.

Last edited by T. (Apr-28-13 3:42PM)

#2 Apr-28-13 3:43PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Fletcher's 4/28

Sounds like a good day to me....

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer