Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Mar-23-13 2:14PM

captmikestarrett
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Saturday Report

First thing I noticed at pre-dawn was my truck was flashing low fuel. So I went to the closest gas station and my debit card was refused.. No worry I just swiped my AMEX and put in a quick 10 gallons. Then my phone buzzes as I exit. At the light I check my email and see a charge for two bucks on my debit card. Turn around go back and go inside to get my two bucks back. Get it and head to the docks. The day started cold with the docks covered in a sheet of ice. And my motor would not start. Transfer to spare and still will not start. Jump to trolling batteries and neither will start. Even get a jump from anouther boat. No luck. Decided to fish around docks as I have caught some nice crappie there before. Nada / zip bites. Remove battery and go to auto store buy new one and install. Bang engine fires right up. Run to fishing grounds and water temp has dropped 5 degrees. Catch 3 LGMouth and move again. Moved three more times and could not get a bite.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d9/Pepe_Le_Pew.jpg/250px-Pepe_Le_Pew.jpg

Some days.. my luck is bad and I spun a bearing on the way home. All is fixed now and ready for Sunday. Need 2-4 degrees to get them biting again. All this sun outside just might do it.

Capt Mike

Last edited by captmikestarrett (Mar-23-13 2:18PM)

Light Tackle Fishing Guide on the Potomac

#2 Mar-23-13 5:49PM

Craig

Re: Saturday Report

Good to get a day like that out of the way - will make the next trip when they are chewing their head off that much sweeter smile

#3 Mar-24-13 6:07AM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Saturday Report

Don't like seeing Pepe but agree with Craig...get that crap out of the way.

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer