Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jun-30-08 5:13PM

captmikestarrett
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Sunday Dragon Report

I had a charter on the Dragon this Sunday. Was supposed to be a jet boat trip way up the Dragon but I had no prep time on the jet boat so I dragged my Mako down to test it on some really thin water. I hit three logs and jammed it up swamp guts and cuts. It did well. We started with a top water bite that never worked. Changed to mid depth cranks and picked a bunch of dinks and this spot tail croaker.
http://www.indianheadcharters.com/08/607.JPG

Changed over to Wacko's since tide was high LGMouth tight to cover under a brutal hot sun.

http://www.indianheadcharters.com/08/608.JPG

The drive home was long and made longer as a trailer wheel passed me on the highway.

Oh well ... still have three more wheels..

Capt Mike

Light Tackle Fishing Guide on the Potomac

#2 Jun-30-08 5:32PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Sunday Dragon Report

captmikestarrett wrote:

The drive home was long and made longer as a trailer wheel passed me on the highway.

Oh well ... still have three more wheels..

Capt Mike

Would you care to explain?

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Jul-01-08 8:53AM

captmikestarrett
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

All five lugs broke and the wheel rolled right by me as I felt the truck shudder.

A wierd sight for me.. At first thought I looked around to see if anybody was around that lost there wheel and then it occurred it was me..

Capt Mike

Light Tackle Fishing Guide on the Potomac

#4 Jul-01-08 9:50AM

Ernie
Administrator

Wow! Glad you are OK and no other harm was done! That is a fear I have but not as bad as when I had the single axle trailer.

Years ago, when in my Chevy Tahoe, we were traveling to a state all-star baseball tourney in VA Beach. I stopped at Pierce's BBQ (as I ALWAYS do) and as soon as we got on the road and got on a small bridge, I heard a rattling nose. So I pulled over and noticed that my right rear tire had lost 4 of the 5 lugs nuts. The other 4 had sheared off! I was very lucky I didn't loose that wheel at 70 MPH.....someone was looking out for me!

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer