Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Dec-27-12 7:39AM

NOVAhunter
Northern Snakehead

Gun safe recomedation

Does anyone have a gun safe brand or type they recommend? I'm not looking for anything super fancy, just fire rated, able to hold a few shotguns.  And how did you get the 300lb monster in the house? Professionals or just bribe friends and neighbors?

#2 Dec-27-12 1:51PM

IL_DUCE

Re: Gun safe recomedation

I certainly look forward to hearing Dan's opinion regarding this matter, and my knowledge only extends to the safes in Dick's product line, but I believe Stack On makes a decent product (as you stated- nothin' fancy). Dick's also sells the Field & Stream safes, which I believe are also manufactured by Stack On and then slapped with the Field & Stream brand name. Since you're looking for something fire rated, the least expensive one available- once again solely based on my knowledge of Dick's products- is around $400. It is designed to hold 10 guns, but in reality probably holds 5 or 6. Depending on where you want to put it, it is very feasible to bribe a few neighbors in to successfully helping you out. I would definitely recommend a professional grade hand truck or "dolly," and some heavy duty ratchet straps. Just my two cents, for whatever its worth, and to some that may not even be $0.02 . . . Anyways, if you want to get your hands on some, Dan or I would be more than happy to get you up close and personal.

Board footer