Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jun-20-08 4:40PM

Carl
Northern Snakehead

6-20-08 Wicomico River Chaptico Landing, Md.

This morning my neighbor Benton, and I went to the Wicomico River in search of white perch. The river color was perfect and the water was calm when we got there. We went to Margarets Island. The tide was falling. We caught some perch and some rockfish---all were small. We tried to fish the rock pile in front of Bushwood; but we were unable to find the rocks because the water covered them completely. We fished in front of Mrs. Wolfe's cove but again--small fish. We fished the outflow at the beach with the small shack with the same results.  The final tally was ninety six fish. There were eighty six perch and ten rockfish. Every rockfish was small. There were only ten perch that were keepable and they were marginable--one nine inch and the rest eight or a fraction over. I don't know where to find the big perch.

#2 Jun-20-08 4:46PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: 6-20-08 Wicomico River Chaptico Landing, Md.

Carl,

Glad you got out! I take it your old boat is still sitting in Benton's driveway....does it even run?

It's time for me to take you out on the BIG river. There are a couple of places (you can see land) that are outstanding but we need to make a 12-15 minute run up the Potomac. It's a big point (bar) and I have even caught keeper rock in there (as well as blues)! I rarely fish the Wicomico anymore because the perch seem to be smaller in there.  Let's hook up on July 3!!

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Jun-21-08 4:15AM

Carl
Northern Snakehead

Re: 6-20-08 Wicomico River Chaptico Landing, Md.

Ernie-- Most of the perch looked like they came from the same spawn. They were six inches long and not well fed.

Board footer