Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jun-07-08 5:41PM

captmikestarrett
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Kent Narrows CCA Report, 6-7-08

The fog was like nothing I have ever experienced. Did not burn off till 1PM .  Rode at full slow for about 12 miles.. Eyes peeled for ships and markers from 9AM till 1PM. Stayed away from shipping channel for fear of being rammed. White thick fog made our search and destroy mission useless.

Now for the report : Lost a big convict bass after a solid hook up on a clouser. 20 lb flouro snapped and my big fish slipped away. I was fishing clay banks in about three feet of water and doing well with about 12 fish caught. But the tide stopped and so did the bite. So off we went the shipping channel to hunt schools of convict bass. Only the fog had another idea.

Later in thick as cotton fog we worked a rock pile under the RT 50 Bridge and found a corner where the water pushed in hard and small boulder on that same corner. Bump the boulder with a gonzo and a 350 grain line and bam fish on. Did this four times and each fish was bigger. My thought is each fish was replaced by a bigger fish. Any way the biggest was enough to take first place and win a custom fly rod.

So my fishing partner got first and I got the honor of guiding him.

Capt Mike

Light Tackle Fishing Guide on the Potomac

#2 Jun-07-08 6:05PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Kent Narrows CCA Report, 6-7-08

Awesome Mike! I really hated to miss that tourney! But I guess you had the last laugh with OMC! Who was the angler Salmo Trutta or Time Flies?

Was it a Joe Cap custom?

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Jun-08-08 6:18AM

captmikestarrett
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Timeflies is Joe Taylor from Naptown and Salmo is Jon Griffen. Jon was a no show as I guess he oversleept. The rod was an 8wt on a ultra premier St Croiz blank from shore tackle.

Jon bought Paxfishes old boat.. and he is around DC all the time.

Capt Mike

Light Tackle Fishing Guide on the Potomac

#4 Jun-08-08 7:53AM

Ernie
Administrator

I know Jon well....he may have had diaper duties! We call him "blue boat" up in the DC waters.

Again, great job!

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

Board footer