Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jun-06-08 6:56PM

jumping jasper
Patagonian Toothfish

Upper Potomac 6-6-08

I called Ernie in the morning to see if he knew the river condition on the Potomac, as I was going to try to fish in the afternoon. He said he might be able to sneak away for a couple of hours also and would call me.

I launched at Algonkian around noon. First cast produced a small mouth and I quickly found some more along with some very healthy sunfish.
Ernie called later and I picked him up from the launch. Not long after, he broke in his new rod with a little smallie.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g307/jumpingjasper/erniessmallmouth.jpg

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g307/jumpingjasper/esmallie.jpg

We ended up having a great afternoon. We found a school of very nice size sunfish and caught quite a few smallies. We both forgot a camera, so the pictures were with my phone.

smile

#2 Jun-06-08 7:09PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Upper Potomac 6-6-08

I had an appointment cancel and I knew that Jeff was not far from the launch so I was real happy when he said he would pick me up!

It was great to break in the new rod! The fish in the 2nd picture went 13" but was fat and feisty. We were in some pretty fast water and he gave me a great fight! We caught a lot of smallies and while they were small, it is very reassuring to know that the future looks good!

Jeff found a "sunfish hole" and absolutely slayed the blue gills. He must have caught 3-4 dozen. I tried to keep up with him but it was impossible. At one time, we must have each caught 7-8 fish in a row....unreal. Most of them were hand size with only a few little ones mixed in. This is the best blue gill fishing I have ever experienced. We left them bitting.....

Thanks for some great fishing Jeff!!

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Jun-06-08 9:54PM

L1Ranger
Northern Snakehead

Re: Upper Potomac 6-6-08

sounds like a good afternoon guys!
I slid out for a bit with the long rod and brought a few small guys to hand, got my feet wet, and never saw another person while out there.   
gotta love a friday evening like that.

its that time of year though, and the buzzbait bite should be the first thing on your minds, IMO.

give it a fair shake and move on if you must, but check the buzzer from time to time to make sure it didnt come back on wink

now it's yesterday! roll
Ernie

Board footer