Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jun-01-08 1:39PM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Kerr Resevoir/Buggs Island

Had a tournament down on Kerr this weekend. Official practice day Friday yielded a late start (after 3.5 hour drive down there) and a few fish, but only one keeper (over 14 in.).

The tournament launched at 545 am (yawn) with 61 boats involved. The morning bite was slow for us as the wind whipped around a good bit. We managed our first keeper around 700 or so. We decided to move to a new spot and changed our approach. Much to our delight, the Kerr bite kicked up and we started killing it. We probably netted over 30 bass and managed to include 5 keepers for the rest of the day.

The weigh-in was held from 300 to about 345 and we finished solidly in the top 20. This is a five tournament tour series that has us focused on the Potomac River for the next few weeks up until the tournament on the 21st.

For those who have not had the opportunity to fish the Kerr Resevoir, I highly recommend it. It is beautiful, with few houses on the shoreline and a lot of submerged timber and bushes.

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

#2 Jun-01-08 5:37PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: Kerr Resevoir/Buggs Island

Curly is an old pro at fishing Kerr (pronounced "car" in his language) and Charlie Taylor also speaks highly of it as his club also has tounenys there!

I think I need to make a roadtrip down thee!!

Ernie

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Jun-02-08 5:03AM

plan b

nice one patrick...  we need to get you out to bdam again before i leave town at the end of june

#4 Jun-02-08 7:09AM

CozUF2001
Patagonian Toothfish
Website

Thanks - I am willing to accept the B-Dam baton as you move to higher places!

If it were easy, they'd call it catching!

#5 Jun-02-08 10:49AM

redskinsfan360
Patagonian Toothfish

Are you moving or going on vacation?

Board footer