Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Feb-17-12 3:44PM

T.
Patagonian Toothfish

2/17 4MR

I made my once a year trip to 4MR today.  Fishing didn't seem all that good.  There were a few other guys around, one had a few on a stringer (eww), not sure what type. I caught one small LMB (11" I think, need to check the pic) on a black/blue jig with rage tail craw.  Snagged two nasty gizzard shad and a ~3lb carp with spoons. 

But also hooked up with some much larger carp.  The first I'm pretty sure it took my jig with baby craw in it's mouth because it was hooked solidly and the one time I saw it half way decently the line went towards its head.  I fought it for several minutes getting the line all caught up in my stuff.  Not long after getting everything sorted out I got broke off even though the drag was plenty loose.  Grr.   

Then something else, probably another big carp, got hooked on my spoon.  It swam at me and before I even had a chance to size it up I went right under the yak and doubled over my rod and broke off before I could release the spool.  And this was right after removing some nicked line and retying.

Even my swimbait with a single hook through the top was temporarily getting snagged on carp or shad.

I went to Dick's on the way home to look for some replacement gear.  They happened to have my favorite swimbaits so I got two packs of those.  Dan was at the checkout.

Just before going home I tried at the Pavilion for about half an hour with no bites.

Last edited by T. (Feb-17-12 3:47PM)

#2 Feb-17-12 9:42PM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: 2/17 4MR

Sorry you didn't catch any at Pavilion, T.

You were officially the first person from the forum to come see me at the store, congratulations! Although you really should sign up for a ScoreCard!!! smile

#3 Feb-18-12 5:33AM

Ernie
Administrator

Dominion Dan wrote:

You were officially the first person from the forum to come see me at the store, congratulations!

It's on my list.....I am not a mall person but the good thing about Dick's is that they have their own front door.

Dominion Dan wrote:

Although you really should sign up for a ScoreCard!!! smile

These are a must....all of the sudden you get $10 in the mail and you go in and spend $50!

Time to go fishin' again!

#4 Feb-19-12 6:08AM

AndrewDo124
Patagonian Toothfish

I've seen you a few times!!!! Do I not matter!?

#5 Feb-19-12 6:15AM

AndrewDo124
Patagonian Toothfish

Nvm....just read you're at a new store

#6 Feb-20-12 8:25AM

Bryan
Patagonian Toothfish

Thanks for the report. Sounds like the carp and shad are in there pretty thick.

Pacemaker wrote:

These are a must....all of the sudden you get $10 in the mail and you go in and spend $50!

LOL...been there, done that!

tight lines

Board footer