Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Feb-13-12 3:27AM

ComeOnFish
Northern Snakehead

No Shad, No YP, Crappie only in Occoquan, VA – Feb 11, 2011

Because of the strong wind (gust up to 40mph), there was none fishing in the early morning.  However the river was dead calm (before the storm).

I fished for shad for two hours for the heck of it.  I knew it was too early for shad.  I guess I have to wait until the middle of March for shad

Later, there were two boats, a canoe and two kayaks (I and Rock Chaser) in the river.  It was nice to meet Rock Chaser.

I fished for YP for about 3 hours. While drift-fishing for YP, I had one line on the bottom for catfish. I had no luck

I fished for crappie later because I didn’t want to be skunked twice in a row. I caught 4 small crappie @8-10 inches.  And the wind picked up.  Meadeo called to warn me of the wind gust and snow where he was at. The air temp dropped fast.  Rock Chaser came to me to make sure that I was OK.

I wanted to fish 10 more minutes to catch a large crappie. So, I decided to use Smelly Jelly. Once I put Smelly Jelly on the lure, I caught 3 crappie at 11-12.5” immediately but no 16 incher.

My fishing Log:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDBP3Lq_ … mp;list=UL

Joe

#2 Feb-14-12 7:26AM

GregF
Northern Snakehead

Re: No Shad, No YP, Crappie only in Occoquan, VA – Feb 11, 2011

Nice video as always.  You are hardcore kayak fishing in 29 deg weather and snow!

Board footer