Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Dec-15-11 8:02AM

kidnikarus
Northern Snakehead

Dick's Return Policy

Hello all,

I have a question about Dick's Sporting Goods. I had bought a new rod about 3 months ago from Dicks. The first time I used it - when I casted the tip of the rod snapped off right below the top guide. I brought the rod back and I did not have a receipt for it. They people there were great. They pulled up the transaction from my Dick's card and gave me a new rod (this was at the Falls Church store). About two weeks ago I went to get an ultra light for trout fishing the only rods they had were combos, I didn't really need onither reel but the price was good and I liked the rod. The reel broke almost instantly. The handle was not turning and when I took the handle out I could see that the inside where the handle attaches was completely jacked up the ball bearrings in there were stuck and the whole thing would shift with a little pressure on it. I brought it back to Dick's (I bought this one at the Woodbridge store) with the receipt they told me I had to send it back to the manufacturer because that reel has a one year manufacturers waranty on it. I could understand if I had the reel for a few months but since I just bought it I feel like they should have just given me a new one.

Does anyone know if ths is correct? It could be that those are actually the rules and the Falls Church store just made an exception for me. Thanks for any input.

Nick Mendis

Nick Mendis
Woodbridge, VA

#2 Dec-15-11 8:49AM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Dick's Return Policy

Dan will know!

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#3 Dec-16-11 8:21AM

kidnikarus
Northern Snakehead

Thanks, I think I will try the Falls Church store on Monday. I normally do not buy combos but they did not have any ultralight spinning rods there without the reel. The rod is pretty good and obviously the reel is junk.

Nick Mendis
Woodbridge, VA

#4 Dec-17-11 4:00PM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

One question; you said you bought a combo. Did you take both the rod AND reel back to the store to get the refund? The only situation I would not accept the return is if you brought only the reel to return. Combos must be returned as combos. Other than that, I don't know why they would have told you what they did as long as the receipt was dated from only 2 weeks ago.... If you have the receipt there shouldn't be a problem. I will be at the Falls Church store on Monday morning. If you come to return the reel I will make sure you don't have any problems. Just come introduce yourself. If you can't make it to my store to do the return, just ask to speak to a manager at any of the other stores. They will make it right.

#5 Dec-18-11 10:01AM

Ernie
Administrator

We're tying to get Dan out  to the Dulles store. He will have the right stuff for sure.

I have another friend who manages a Dicks and he also has a great fishing department. They (managers) will listen to what customers want.

Time to go fishin' again!

#6 Dec-18-11 7:06PM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

Ernie, I remember you telling me about your other friend, what was his name? I can't remember for the life of me.

#7 Dec-18-11 7:32PM

Ernie
Administrator

Ben Haynes....used to work at your store.

Time to go fishin' again!

#8 Dec-19-11 10:08AM

kidnikarus
Northern Snakehead

Thanks Dan, I can not do it today. Swamped at work and need lunch break to get Christmas in order. I had the rod and the reel with me. I think they were just swamped and did not want to deal with it. Thanks for your help and i look forward to meeting you.

Nick Mendis
Woodbridge, VA

#9 Dec-19-11 9:25PM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

Ernie, I believe Ben is actually the store manager at the Gaithersburg store. You're right, he was actually the store manager at my store.

Last edited by Dominion Dan (Dec-19-11 9:27PM)

Board footer