Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Sep-03-11 10:10AM

Ernie
Administrator

Strange storm today + a big thanks!

My wife and I took my son's dog for our walk today. We usually do between 3-4 miles.

As we walked by Farmwell MS we commented to the guys setting up for Trail Mix that we may get a storm. We kept on walking so we could get to Mickey D's for a Cappuccino. Then...it started to get dark and we heard some boomers up north so we decided to double time it back. As we walked, I kept looking for hideouts (decks, open garage doors, school bus stops etc).

As we crossed Bruceton Mills Cir., a huge bolt of lighting hit nearby! I swear I heard lots of electricity in the air so we bolted towards the school and went underground in the tunnel that runs under Ashburn Village Blvd. Perfect timing as the war started and the rain poured down. We felt safe....then here comes the water down the tunnel as it was too much for the clogged drains to handle. Now we were in ankle deep water but out of the war zone.

I looked at the radar on my phone and the storm was coming from Baltimore in a SW direction. Normally, our storms come from a W or NW direction. I told my wife that we were going to be here a while. No way could we walk out of there with the lightning still in the air so I called in the cavalry and Curly came to the rescue. Living nearby, he was there in 3 minutes and took me home so I could come back and get Debbie and Tucker. Thanks for the rescue!!

Just a lazy Saturday morning in Ashburn.....

Time to go fishin' again!

#2 Sep-03-11 5:23PM

Curly
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Strange storm today + a big thanks!

Glad to help out................. smile

Hell or High Water...........I'm Fishin!!   big_smile

#3 Sep-04-11 12:23PM

jumping jasper
Patagonian Toothfish

Re: Strange storm today + a big thanks!

Glad it worked out for you. We had the jet skis ready to go, as the forecast was good. Oh well, got to watch some football instead.
BTW it was supossed to rain today. Go figure.

smile

Board footer