Pacemaker Fishing Forum

Welcome Aboard!

You are not logged in.

#1 Sep-02-11 11:34AM

SteveSquared

St. Croix Rods Reviews

Ideally I am looking to buy the St. Croix Premier or Avid spinning rod in either in 6'6 or 7'. Medium or Medium-Heavy action. I have fished with these rods before & its night and day compared to my 6'6 Medium action Berkley Lighting spinning rod. After visits to three Dicks Sporting Goods store in the last 48 hours I haven't been able to locate and purchase either! However I have been able to find several of the Triumph model.  SO..... Im thinking about breaking down and picking up a Triumph what do you all think?
Do any of you fish with the Triumph? How does it compare to the Premier. Avid, or Mojo if known?

Also there are two new rods that some sales associates have recommended to me. One is called the Verities Next Generation with Nano technology it is white and black. The other is a "yellow rod" cant remember the name of it though. Do anyone of you fish with these rods? How do you like them? How do they compare to the St. Croix?

Last edited by SteveSquared (Sep-02-11 6:43PM)

#2 Sep-02-11 2:28PM

Ernie
Administrator

Re: St. Croix Rods Reviews

Triumph and Premier are the same thing....one is made in US and the other outside US. Mojo is similar. These are good rods.

Avid is a level up and much more sensitive.

Dan can probably tell you more as he sells them.

Time to go fishin' again!

#3 Sep-02-11 6:45PM

SteveSquared

Thanks! I went out and got a 7 foot Triumph with a nice reel. I am also going to meet someone from Clist tomorrow and get a 6ft Triumph for 30 bucks :-)

#4 Sep-02-11 9:56PM

Dominion Dan
Patagonian Toothfish

Yep, the Triumph, Mojo, and Premier all use the same blank. The only differences are the warranties, where they are made, and the type of handles available.

Board footer